Monday, September 10, 2012

Dynamics of Quality


I am losing focus on the hard edge of everything I see or hear and on the stark conflict of opposites in everything I think. Don’t know if it’s the breakdown of physical and mental faculties as I approach the average life expectancy for beings of my kind or if it’s by dint of accumulated experience eroding allegiance to my education, like water seeping into cracks in mountains of passing grades to freeze, expand and expose ever more long hidden faults.

It may be the fulfillment of an oath often muttered in my more misanthropic moods wishing people who couldn’t benefit from their differences would just shut up and go away. If I live long enough I’ll be blind and deaf so the silent disappearing part is inevitable.

I’m learning to resolve duality by seeing it less as a conflict closing minds and starting wars and more as the two sharp points of ice tongs, both necessary to function, pointing precisely at the threshold between them; that truth about which life’s ever changing events pivot but can never say. 

1 comment:

  1. Bordering on poetic acceptance here Dood :)
    "that truth about which life’s ever changing events pivot but can never say"
    ~ a painting in words

    ReplyDelete